Broadcasting online and on closed circuit televisions across campus, it is the university’s outlet for student television and film media. Succeeding its role as a movie-making club throughout the ’90s, TVM was officially founded in 2001 as a SSMU media service. The organization has grown impressively over the past decade, acquiring a reputation for in-depth news coverage and innovative, exciting new programming. Winners of the 2003, 2006 and 2011 Service of the Year Award, as well as the 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2011 Website of the Year Award, TVM has garnered numerous accolades for its work. It regularly publishes stories relevant to the McGill community, whether it is news, arts, series or features. TVM also organizes an annual Fokus Film Festival to promote and showcase student’s films to the student community. Funding was mainly provided by SSMU, but after a student-initiated referendum motion that was successfully passed in March 2010, TVM is now supported directly from its own student funded levy.
Our Mission Statement:
TVM is a student run television station and production outlet that aims to become an intricate part of the McGill community. We, at TVM, work hard to provide entertainment and news for the McGill community. These are our objectives:
- To experiment and push the limits of student-produced new media and technologies.
- To teach the community about media production at the independent level.
- To produce high quality, student-based media content for its audience.
- To make TVM a representative of McGill student life.
- To entertain the McGill community through our content.
Our 2015/2016 Admin Team: